MSP Foundation Training
MSP Foundation Training: 3-days - £995 + vat
This MSP Foundation training course provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of MSP and prepares them for their MSP Foundation Exam. The MSP Foundation is the same as the first three days of our 5 day MSP Practitioner Training course. The MSP Foundation Exam is taken on the 3rd day.
MSP is a proven set of principles and processes for effectively managing a Programmes (a group of projects). MSP is a flexible approach for managing a full Programme life-cycle and is flexible to suit your organisation’s needs.
MSP Foundation Course Objectives
On completion of this MSP Training course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the ways that MSP addresses the factors which enable successful programmes
- Identify key pieces of programme information
- Apply the main MSP principles
- Define and apply governance strategies
- Tailor MSP to a their own business environment
- Undertake risk analysis and management
- Scale MSP for different programmes
- Have prepared for and taken the MSP Foundation Examination
MSP Foundation Training Course Content
MSP Introduction and Overview
Drivers for change, the need to focus on benefits, critical success factors, programme management and the transformational flow.
MSP Programme Management Themes
Defining and discussing the basic MSP principles that underpin the governance, definition and delivery of programmes.
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Organisation and leadership
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Quality Management
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Business Case Management
- Programme Planning and Control
The Transformational Flow
Describing the programme life-cycle and typical governance activities, responsibilities and information requirements for each flow element, from defining and identifying a programme through to managing the tranches, and eventual closure of the programme
MSP Case Studies
Throughout the MSP Foundation Training course a realistic case study scenario is used, enabling delegates to consolidate their MSP knowledge in a practical setting via syndicate work.
MSP Foundation Exam
MSP Foundation Course Prerequisites
Before attending this MSP Training course delegates should have:
- A good understanding of what Projects and Programmes are
- Completed the pre-course reading (we will send this when you confirm your booking)